- The student requires reinforcement and practice with sound-symbol correspondence.
- The student requires reinforcement and practice isolating sounds within words.
- The student needs to build automaticity with the above skills.
- The student needs reinforcement and practice decoding and blending with fluency.
- The student needs practice recognizing high frequency words.
Lexia Reading focuses on critical reading skills that have been identified by national reading experts: phonemic awareness, phonics, and fluency.
Various levels of activities provide extensive practice in everything from basic phonological awareness to advanced word-attack strategies and vocabulary development based on Greek and Latin word roots.